We are now actively looking for donations!!
We are becoming the victim of our own success! With the success of our Tuition Programme in helping two boys to places with scholarship/bursaries at the prestigious Whitgift and Trinity Schools in September 2016 and this year two boys and a girl winning places at Wallington County Grammar School, Wilson’s School (both grammar schools) and Old Palace (independent), we are actively looking for donations to fulfil our desire to help their parents financially with an annual grant to go towards residual fees, uniforms, equipment, school trips etc. Whilst we have earmarked a small fund to help ensure these five children do not miss out on the opportunities we have helped to create for them, we would like to be more supportive and ‘guarantee’ that there is sufficient money in the pot to provide access to everything these schools can offer (e.g. private music lessons, extended trips). Your kindness will help to fund the existing Tuition Programme and these add-ons. We would also like to have a new recruitment drive for talented children at Rowdown in non-academic areas such as sport, drama, music, art etc. And if we can raise enough donations, especially regular ones giving us more certainty of future funding levels, we would love to expand the Foundation to more schools in the New Addington area. We have already achieved this academically through the Tuition Programme, but without any ability to financially support the non-Rowdown children. We would also like to expand the non-academic areas to some of the other schools.
If you would like to donate, follow this link where you will find all the ways you can help support disadvantaged children.
In addition, there are loads of ways you can support us by giving your time.
- Can you provide transport and the time to deliver a pupil to their lesson or club?
- Would you like to organise a club for some of the pupils at the school, especially if you are a parent of one of them?
- Would you like to organise an outing for children and parents? Don’t forget this has to have an educational purpose!
- Do you have an inspirational or aspirational tale for the pupils? Come into the school and tell them all about it.
- Do you have a job that the children can aspire to? Would you like to come in and talk to them and get them aspiring?
- Do you have a connection with a “celebrity” (whatever qualifies as a celebrity) that can inspire the pupils to aspire to more?
These are just some of the ideas. We would love to hear from you with any other ways you – or anyone else – can help to further our charitable objectives or, indeed, expand those objectives. Please Contact Us.